Friday, November 10, 2006

First floor work party!





A few weeks ago, we had a crew of family and friends help us put up the walls for the first floor of our part of the house. This was a great day! I couldn't wipe the smile off my face, seeing the house start to take shape. By the end of the day, I could take people on a tour of our first floor. Very fun... Thanks so much to John (Christian's Dad), his friend Jim and our neighbour Barry for the extra hands. Those walls were heavy!! Especially the vaulted walls of the entrance. They were a bit of a challenge to put up. The next week was spent leveling everything and fixing some problems with the walls (a couple were too short)! It was great to all share a meal together too. Thanks to you too Mom Cairns for taking care of all my kiddies. I couldn't have helped and cooked with them running around.

No comments: